Last updated – August 2021
Syndico is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Syndico may occasionally change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 30th May 2015.
1. Our contact details
Name: Syndico Distribution Limited
Address: Unit 6 Nelson Industrial Estate, Herald Road, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 2JH
Phone Number: +44 (0) 1489 287 287
2. What type of information we have
We collect personal information such as (but not limited to) contact names and identifiers, phone numbers, email addresses and web addresses. In addition, we may also collect other information which is relevant to us – this includes company information such as company addresses and registration numbers, number of employees, company type and industries operated within.
3. How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- When you apply for an account with us.
- When you place a purchase order with us.
- When you access to a secure part of our website.
- When you enter information required to:
- Download a file, or
- Request further information about a product or service, or
- Register for an event such as a webinar, or
- Request a call or meeting, or
- Request support.
- You give us your details at a meeting or event such as a trade show.
We also receive personal information indirectly in the following scenarios:
- From one of our manufacturer partners for whom we are an authorised distributor if you have left your details when them when looking for a reseller or for support or information that the manufacturer does not offer directly.
- From one of our reseller partners (customers) if you are an end-user and, in exceptional circumstances, we agree to support you directly if the reseller is unable to.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time by contacting us on 01489 287 287 or email@example.com.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legitimate interest.
4. Online Security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We are also Cyber Essentials accredited – click here for more information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
6. What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us to provide you with information about a product or service you require, help you to procure a product or service from a qualified and competent reseller or, if you are a customer of Syndico, improve the quality of our data to better support you.
We may share this information with:
- Our manufacturer partner(s) if you are a Syndico customer and we are referring you to them for additional support.
- One of our customers (a reseller partner) if you are an end-user and we are referring you to them for you to procure a product or service.
7. How we store your information
Your information is securely stored on our private company server (electronic) or in locked cabinets on-site (hard copies). We keep personal information for up to 7 years after:
- A Syndico customer account is closed, or
- An end-user enquiry or case is closed.
We will then dispose your information either by electronic data cleansing or via a confidential waste disposal company.
8. Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us using the details listed at the beginning of this policy if you wish to make a request.
9. How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113